Where to start. I can't remember if I mentioned that I really love to cook. Probably not, and you probably don't really care. Get to the awkward, embarassing part right. I only mention it because while on my date with George, we got cookies and I told him that mine were better. I'm not bragging or anything, but people love these cookies. I sort of, no I take that back, I told him I would make some for him sometime.
I got up this morning and decided today was the day. Truthfully, I didn't think I would actually give them to him. I almost didn't. I was going to visit my friend (you know the one that conveniently lives by George), he was outside and when he saw me he made that "call me"sign with his hands. Okay, I thought it's now or never. I dropped my kids off and with a lot of encouragement, I walked down to his house. Let me tell you, it was totally embarassing walking down the street carrying a bag of cookies (and yes, I put them in a pretty cellophane bag complete with a big bow), I know, right, I am shaking my head just thinking about it. I saw a few neighbors and felt like a junior high kid. I am seriously taking cookies to a boy's house. What? I am laughing right now thinking about it again.
Here's our conversation. Hi, Hi, so I made these cookies for you, I thought that you and your kids would like them. Wow! Thanks, they look really good. What's in here? I list the ingredients - I kind of have the recipe memorized. They have oats in them so he made a joke about them being healthy. Oh, you know me, I love healthy things. (Oh brother, where did that come from). I can seriously feel my cheeks turning pink - yes, I know, I totally blush when I am embarassed. We try to make small talk, but I am so uncomfortable that I sort of can't really talk to him. I need to plan ahead, have topics that I can discuss, maybe that will help. All I can see is how blue his eyes are. Let me just say that I LOVE BLUE EYES! I don't know what it is, but yikes, I didn't really notice that last time. He then asks if I am busy next weekend. I don't think so, (hopefully with you). Well, I'll call you and set something up. Okay. I say. Then there is a very long pause filled with silence. It was deafening. What do I do, I laugh my nervous laugh and we both kind of look at each other, yeah, I should go I say. Okay. Thanks. I'm sure I'll love the cookies. Right. Good. Okay - I gotta go. I turn and leave. I get about two houses away and I hear him yelling at me. He was telling me he liked my cookies. I turn and wave and keep walking back to my friends house. Shaking my head all the way.
I have to say this was totally out of my comfort zone. It was completely uncomfortable, embarassing and awkward. I am so glad I did. I need to dust off my flirting skills, actually I don't know that I really had those or if I did I wasn't very good at it. I will need to practice and I have to say it is fun to practice. Something I learned today. Flirting is good. So if you are married, give it a try with your husband, if you're not, try it on someone see what happens.
After I got back to my friends house, one of the neighbors had seen me walking with the cookies and had inquired what I was doing. She told him - great now the neighbors know. He said that all guys like baked goods. I guess we'll see.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Way to go! The bow was perfect and we all know "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". My neighbor girl getting ready for college is trying to find her "secret weapon" recipe...maybe I should suggest your cookies. Can't wait to hear what next weekend is like. Maybe you should take an over the counter drug to try to calm you before you go. ;) Just kidding! How's that texting going?
Post a Comment