Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things I'd Like to Happen

After finding myself divorced I have been forced to evaluate my life. Here are a few things I would like to do better.

First, be more bold. I mean more bold with people in general. I have decided that if I think a guy is cute there has to be a way to get his attention instead of just walking away. I don't want to be over the top, trashy or crude. Just more flirty and fun. I want to not be afraid of he doesn't think I am cute or whatever. It's okay to flirt now, right? Any suggestions?

Second, you may have this problem. I find when I first meet someone new that there will be many qualities about them that I like, but there are always a few things that I don't like. I have a tendency to grab a hold of the bad things and let them start to amplify in my mind and I have ruined a few relationships because of this. I would like to be more open minded and give people a chance. I don't want to drag it out if it's going no where.

Finally, I want to be more direct. This time around I feel more confident in who I am and what I want. I don't want to rush into anything but I also don't want to drag anything out because I haven't been direct and honest. I think I used to think that being direct was mean. Now I know that it is better.

I am sure this list will evolve and grow during this process so I may return to update. If you have any thoughts please share.

Shirley

1 comment:

marissa said...

You are now confident and know what you want so don't waste time. There don't have to be games this time around. Have you ever seen the movie, "Must Love Dogs"? I didn't love the movie, but it is about people who are starting to date again. There is a part where John Cusack says something to the effect of lets just tell it all right now and put everything out there, being completely honest, because now is the time to do it. If you don't like what you hear then you walk away tonight and never see the person again, but it will be too hard later in the relationship to start being honest..... His date in the movie was a little afraid of him at the moment, but I think it is good advice. Start from the beginning being totally, and completely yourself so there won't be any surprises later. If he doesn't like what he sees you stop dating and stop wasting time. Don't try to get people to like you. Let them get to know you and like you because they like who you are. Is this too long of a comment? Sorry. Good luck!