My cousin had a birthday party today for her daughter. Last night she sent me a text to let me know that Brad (as in Brad vs. Brad) would be coming, so we could finally meet. He came and brought his children (3 total - about 8, 10 and 12 years old). Because of the situation, we only had a chance to talk in spurts. We'd just get into a topic when one of mine needed to go to the potty, or his needed a drink (and because the party was for a 5 year old, they were a little bored, and acted it).
He was fairly nice looking and easy to talk to. And, it was great to put a name with a face since we've both heard a lot about each other from my cousin and her husband.
However, this is the best part...
While standing close to where he and one of his daughters was sitting, I happen to overhear her ask "So, which one is Laverne?" then see his subtle finger pointing. I then heard her say "She kind of looks like mom."
Great.
They didn't stay long. I'm sure he was there to support his friends, but meeting me was clearly part of the agenda so I appreciate that he came. Especially since his children were more interested in getting to the movie he had promised them after the party stop.
On his way out, he came over to say good-bye, that he enjoyed meeting me, and ended with "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." Um, what does that mean?
Here's the other great part...he kind of looks like Shirley's ex. There are a lot of similarities. If he's not interested in dating his ex-wife again (aka Laverne), I could throw him a hot brunette. But, if she's not interested in dating her ex-husband again, then we're just caught in a viscous circle. Could this whole Brad vs. Brad thing get any funnier?
Laverne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment