Thursday, May 21, 2009

My First Two Dates

I'll wrap this info up in one quick post (names aren't even necessary for this one).

First Date - BLIND!!!: A set-up with a friend's-sister's-husband's-co-worker. Nice guy. Divorced with a couple of children. Called a couple of times before our date and had a chance to talk before the big night. I opened the door and realized a little too late that you can't react on a blind date when first visual contact is established (needed Lady Ga Ga's Poker Face). A little Drew Carey looking, but not as funny. He did drive a nice sports car. Like Shirley's first date, he took me to a steak house. Unlike Shirley's first date, mine was a boring chain establishment. Nothing fancy with this one. Let's just say that I came home with a bit of peanut dust on my shoes. Door scene? Awkward hug and mumbled thanks while I avoided the "let's do this again" line because I wasn't too interested in doing this again. Also of note, all he wanted to talk about was "our stories" which was a downer. Baggage should be opened one suitcase at a time - right?

Second Date - BLIND!!!: A set-up with a guy who used to live in another state near my uncle, who recently moved here for a job. My uncle gave him my number and said you have to meet her. Again, nice guy who called before so we had a chance to talk a bit before the date. Never been married. Now experienced, I opened the door with a smile and was able to keep it there. However, this guy was 4 years younger - but looked 14. He took me to see a Christmas musical which was good. Even bought me some M&M peanuts at intermission (at least it wasn't a Slurpee). We had a nice conversation about college and work, and the single's ward he's looking forward to attending. Door scene? I wished him good luck on his acclimation to our state and endeavors with the young single adults (of which I'm not a part). No - I did not use those very adult/boring words, but didn't break out the "for shizzle" either. The gap was clear enough.

Laverne

No comments: