Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Girlfriend, huh?

While teaching the 11 year olds at church on Sunday, my friend happened to hear a conversation with George's daughter and the other girls. It went something like this...
I can't eat those doughnuts, my dad said that if I don't eat sweets until June he'll give me $50.
You ate those cookies yesterday.
No, I didn't
Yes you did.
No, I didn't my dad's girlfriend brought those over for him. He said that I could eat one, but I really want the $50 so I didn't.

Girlfriend, huh. I am still laughing. We've only been on one date and my second possible date has been postponed or cancelled (not sure which). I didn't know this elevated me to "girlfriend" status. However, what else would an 11 year old think.

Shirley

1 comment:

Jodi said...

ok so I am catching up on everything and I am laughing so hard. You are so funny and you are going to be so glad you documented this for a later date when you and George are married or some other lucky man! I think the cookies were a great idea. Thanks for sharing with all of us!:)