Jerry get's his own post because he is a set-up by mistake.
Here's the story: My sister and I made a video and posted it on FB for a few friends (video description: High School Dance Moves). Yes, I am embarrassed. A friend of a friend's husband (confused?) saw the video and thought I was cute, so asked about me. His name was Jerry. The friend thought her husband was talking about Jerry A when he mentioned the comment, but the husband was actually talking about Jerry B. Unknowingly, the friend called Jerry A and gave him my name/number. Then, Jerry A actually called.
During our quick conversation, I mentioned the video and how embarrassing it was that he had seen it, but thanks for making the call despite my dancing skills. He was TOTALLY confused. The conversation was a little off after that and I never expected to hear from him again. After talking to my friend later, I found out about the mix-up. Ya. Great timing.
Surprisingly, Jerry A actually called again. And has called once or twice a week for the last two months. He's asked me 4-5 times "Now, where do you live again?" and "What is it you do?" Even better...he keeps saying "we need to get together" but never actually get's specific about making that happen. Like I said, I'll make it easy - all he has to do is ask. But he doesn't. He just keeps calling.
At first it was kind of fun working on my phone skills. And, I've seen pictures. He's definitely kissable. But now it's getting a little lame. So, to move things full circle (yes, my expectations are very low) I did throw out the idea of him joining my friends and I at a club next week for a concert. He said he'd love to come and is currently planning to go with us. I'm still not confident it's a sure thing, but we'll see. Either way, I can decide if it's worth taking his calls any more or not. I'm sick of repeating myself.
Laverne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment