Thursday, May 21, 2009

About Me - Laverne

Ok, so I've been putting off my input here because I'm really not sure where to start. So, I'll give a brief history as Shirley first did, then randomly throw out a few experiences to get everyone up to date on my New Ops adventures.

My story: I am a single mom of two (officially divorced just over a year) who has her own business and works mostly from home. I am immensely lucky to have these two things in my life, but because they take up 99% of my time, I am at the mercy of being set up by friends. It's definitely not like college where each new semester offered a new batch of fish. The current pool I'm swimming in is a bit stagnate (or very, very shallow).

Last fall I decided I was ready to get out there again and will tell you right up that it's been a slow start. A good thing as I get back on my flirting feet - but a little unnerving since my self esteem has been badly bruised. I'm still waiting for one with at least a little potential. Kissable would be great, too. Still working on all that. Most circles I run in say "We'll keep our eyes open, but can't think of anyone I'd be willing to introduce you to." That's about where things stand at this point. However, there are a few potential lines out there which I will follow this post up with (can you say High School Reunion?).

Like Shirley, I have no idea what the rules are, how the game is played (and wonder why it has to be a game), or how the new tools of communicating are used (is there a book on texting/IM/FB/eMail dating protocol yet?).

Note: I really, really like sarcasm. A lot.

Laverne

No comments: