Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jerry The Blocker (aka: Jerry The Caller)

I'll just start from the beginning...

Last night I drove to Jerry's (because it's on the way to where the concert was and I thought it would be a good get-away plan if needed). My hair was behaving really well and my new mineral make-up was feeling good. While driving I wondered if these two items would be the highlight of my night.

Once I got there, he walked out of the house and came right over and gave me a big hug saying "It's good to finally meet you." I was a little taken back, but glad he made things comfortable right from the beginning. I used the term "big hug" because it was just that. He is a big, muscley guy (former college football player) and my eyes were at, um, chest height.

We got into his car so he could drive to the pre-party and concert. (Yes, I do realize I didn't think through my plan very well since I was now minus my get-away car.) However, conversation was easy - in fact, we missed the exit because of it and had to do a bit of back-tracking. He is very laid back and responded to most topics with "It's all good." We made it to the pre-party, met up with our mutual friend, and had a good time visiting with everyone.

We got to the concert just as the band started, so he and I worked our way towards the front. Jerry is extremely handy to have at an all GA event. Seriously. He moved crowds. I either had him behind me holding a small area for my personal space, or I just held onto his shirt as we worked our way through. It was a blast! The band was amazing and he joined right in. It was definitely a fun venue to be at with someone like him (personality & size considered).

When the concert ended we were soaking wet (the gross, sweaty kind). So much for my good hair night. We stopped at the Sev to grab a drink for the drive home. Because we hadn't had any dinner and it was too late for anything fancy, he also grabbed some chicken nuggets - one order for me and 5 for him (granted, he did ask if I wanted more and was willing to share dipping sauce).

The conversation home was easy as well, though it did include a few repeated questions from our earlier phone calls. I hate to describe him as a meat-head, but there is a bit of that there. When we got out of the car he gave me another hug (more bear hug this time) and said he had fun, and that we should get together again. I just said "sure" and left it at that.

So, who knows if Jerry The Blocker will still be Jerry The Caller. Maybe it was because I had such low expectations that I ended up actually having a good time. And he is pretty cute. Either way, it's all good.

Laverne

_________________________

So, Laverne, since you mentioned his muscles, I have one question for you - is his chest bigger than yours?

Shirley

_________________________

Yes.

Laverne

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like things went well! I look forward to the follow-up!

Jen said...

I am dying laughing. Seriously, Laverne and Shirley is my new "must read" of the year. Lol. Love you both.