I have issues. Let's just get that out there. I should have said that from the beginning. Not serious issues, just silly, why do I respond that way issues.
The online dating thing is actually going better than expected. The few guys that I have been communicating with seem really nice. I haven't talked to any of them yet. Really, I can't say that I know any of them really well, but I am remaining hopeful that they are nice.
There are officially five different guys that seem interesting to me and one guy that a friend of mine is trying to set me up with. The one guy that lives out of state may progress to phone calls. He asked me to call him, but I have a hard time doing this. If he had called me first then maybe. I sent him my number and told him to call me, to which he responded, when I get the courage up. Maybe we'll start with a text message. Two ways to look at this. First, guys are just as scared as we are. Second, seriously? Be a man and step up.
The next guy asked me to join him for ice cream. I couldn't on the day specified so we are trying to coordinate schedules. I am hoping for frozen yogurt though.
Another guy just sent me a really funny message and I couldn't help but respond. He countered with another funny message and today asked me to text him. I guess this is how it goes. Email, text message, phone call, meet face to face? I don't know about this. Dating was way less complicated when I was younger. You called on a phone that was connected to the wall at your house, hoping that they had call waiting and if they didn't you had to try again. Too many forms of communication now.
Henry II, yes he actually has the same name as the Henry I was dating. He sent me a message asking more about me and we just started communicating. He looks nice. He seems pretty easy going and he has been prompt in response to my emails.
Two 26 year olds have been trying to talk to me, I just can't take them seriously (so together I am counting them as one person).
The faceless, nameless guy that just sends flirts - got two more today. It is totally laughable. I mean seriously? I asked him to send a photo, he said no but that he is good looking. Which, if that were true why he doesn't just put up a photo. I feel like this is kind of fishy. Hopefully he isn't married or something like that.
I had a girls night out last week and tried to rally the girls there to set me up. One girl had a couple guys that are single, one being her brother, who is sort of dating someone. He is cute, but I told her that since he is dating someone I would pass. Well...today she sent me a message and said that she showed him my picture on facebook and he wants to take me on a date. This is flattering, but...right now my picture on facebook is my glamour shot. I have a feeling that he is going to be disappointed when he shows up. I don't really look like that. I call it my smoke and mirrors photo. We'll see how that goes.
This is definitely a different year so far and although I feel settled into this new life, it is still sad to me that this is my life. I'm trying everything to keep it interesting and to be adventurous. I want to remain open, positive and optimistic that it will all work out in the end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, will you too, please?
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I hope some of these meetings go well. There will not be any disappointments for the brother taking you out - not possible! You're amazing. I don't know how you've done it all these last couple of years. You're strong and a great inspiration to others.
Post a Comment