Hola! My date took me for Mexican so I'm feeling a little spicy. My favorite response when telling friends where he took me was: "Is that place still in business?" Laverne being Laverne said, "Sick. That is one of the worst mexi places." Feel free to laugh now. I certainly did.
The date was with a super nice guy. He is the cousin of a friend. He was hilarious and easy to talk to and thankfully taller than me (without his heels on). Here is the sad part - using Laverne's kissable test - he wasn't. It's not like he was unattractive or odoriferous (well maybe a little bit, but I only noticed when he gave me a hug at the end of the date). He wasn't bad looking, he was funny, made me laugh and he seemed really nice. There was zero chemistry.
I realize that it's not ALL about the chemistry, but it is nice to have a little in the beginning and hope it takes off from there. We had none. Zip. Nada. Zilch.
So I've been on three dates in the space of one week with no luck. Do you now throw in the towel or keep on looking? One good friend said - you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Which, hey, I like kissing as much as you do. But shouldn't you want to kiss the frog to begin with? It shouldn't feel like actually kissing a frog, right? I mean who REALLY wants to kiss a frog? I know I don't.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So what's the kissable test? We need details on that.
Give the poor guy who made you laugh another chance....it will keep you busy while I track down the info on the cute, talented, single Dentist up here for ya. :)
Post a Comment