Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Hate the Touch Screen Phones

Two reasons:
First, on my Mexican dinner date a guy called and I tried to silence the phone and accidentally answered then had to hang up - 'cuz I'm on a date. Can't be talking to some other guy while on a date. That's just tacky.

Second, the Super Smart Teacher called me...he left a message that went something like this.

"Hey thank you for talking to me the other night. If you can't find anything for me that I would fit into it's okay. I'm a tough kid to find things for - I don't fit in anywhere. It's been like that my whole life. Don't make it your top priority. I know you have a life. If you ever want to talk call me, whenever. Or whatever, I don't really care. I know you're probably busy. I forget that. I'm a teacher and have four months off. When I'm off I'm think gee what am I going to do, I need someone to talk to. When I'm working I'm just REALLY busy. Well call me. If you don't find something it doesn't really matter. I don't really care."

Here comes the reason I hate the touch screen phone I have. I was trying to play the message for Laverne, but accidentally called the Super Smart Teacher instead. I had to hurry and hang up. He promptly called me back. Ahh!

I really wish I could describe his voice over the phone. It's a bit whiny, but boy whiny. Not that high pitched squeaky whine, just a boy sort of like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite when he's talking about Lafawnduh and chatting with babes online.

Honestly, I need to meet this guy so I can have a face to put with all this fun. I have decided to call him back later and tell him about the firesides and activities we have coming up. I'm thinking it's going to be a real treat meeting a 54 but I look 32, work out a lot and I am insanely brilliant single male who, did I mention, has NEVER been married. It's a real quandary how he has been single for so long.

Shirley

No comments: