This past weekend was full of things that I think I should have done in college. Since Laverne left me alone, I had to find things to occupy my time.
My experiment with the technological advances we have made are going swimmingly. I have a knack for drawing in the 50 to 60 year old guy. I was even told that I am beautiful and asked if I would be interested in meeting (he was 58). Yep. Not kidding. He had a full head of gray hair (on the bright side, he had hair?). He was into exercise (positive thoughts: has all his original parts - no hip replacement here). I don't know how or if I should reply. So far, I'm choosing not to reply at all. I did get checked out by a 26 year old that (sadly, looked 20). I would have thought that he pushed a button on accident, but he looked at my profile twice. So in my mind it means that at least one of those was on purpose. Right?
Saturday: Fireworks in the park with a group of singles = fun. After party: Well...when I first arrived it looked like a college frat house. Kids (I use that term because that's what they were) were falling out of the house that had zero furniture inside, wood floors, a fridge full of soda and nothing else, disco ball hanging from the ceiling and no bathroom. Also, the music they had to dance to...guess how many songs I recognized? ZERO. Cool, huh? Try not to be jealous of my awesome night. In the backyard there were two ping pong tables set up. Outside there were a few people that looked my age. In fact I knew a couple of the guys that were there. Unfortunately seeing them there confirmed what type of party this was. I talked to a few new people, saw the stalker from last year - who kept trying to get my attention. Thankfully, I was in a conversation with someone else and then left right after. Whew!
Sunday: Went to a singles ward in the area. Almost got kissed three times. One guy came so close that I just needed to turn my head less than a centimeter and it would have happened. I couldn't do it. Had a great Sunday hanging out with Rick - who yes, tried to kiss me. Long story. I told him no. The next day I got a text message that said: "You passed the Ricky test! A mere mortal woman could have not resisted - you must be a goddess." This is one of the reasons I think Rick is hilarious and fun.
Monday: FHE with the Singles Ward. I made Rick go with me and only went because my new girlfriend wanted to go. I was talking to some people in the ward when who comes rolling around the corner - Henry. It was like getting punched in the stomach. Lucky for me I saw him first so I could compose myself. Needless to say. I wanted to leave. I wasn't ready for the encounter. I think that I handled it ok. I stayed the entire night and even had a conversation with Henry and ate frozen yogurt with him (and others). We even were able to joke about previously dating each other and kissing each other. I still think he is a great guy, it was hard to see him, but I do think if I see him again, it will be easier and I'm glad to know that we can still be friends.
I am in need of a serious amount of frozen yogurt after this weekend. I will note here I have a new favorite frozen yogurt store. It's a little farther from my house than I like, but there is a cute guy that works there (he seems older, not sure though and when I say works there I mean he may actually be the manager, he could be a college student - who cares he is cute). I noticed him one night when I was there, I talked to him about getting in my favorite flavor of yogurt another night, and finally asked him his name Saturday night. I stopped by today to enjoy some yogurt and he wasn't there, but during the course of my visit he arrived and came out to talk to me and say hi. I don't know if anything will happen, I am probably old enough to be his mom, but it is fun to flirt with the yogurt guy.
So that was my weekend - Hope you had a great 4th of July and were able to celebrate with your families.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment