Friday, November 20, 2009

Dating Without Intent?

Do you think it's okay to go on a date without intent? By intent I mean I know I don't want anything else out of it besides a night out with a semi-interesting individual. I know that this particular person would like to have a relationship develop, but I just want to be friends.

I have told said person that I want to just be friends. Just not that direct with my words. I think maybe I need to have a talk with him to be more direct with my feelings. I have a hard time with that. I know, I'm working on it.

I accepted a date with Bob and then thought, maybe I shouldn't have. I think it's unfair to say yes because I can't reciprocate the feelings. What are your thoughts on this?

One more thing I have a date with Henry on Monday. I will let you know how that goes.

Shirley

1 comment:

Ali said...

Of course it's okay. I wouldn't be good at directly saying it either. Just don't be a Bella (Twilight) where you drag the poor guy out forever. Hmmm, it must be New Moon time...

By the way, I married a date without intent. ;)