Monday, November 23, 2009

Can We Slow This Down?

My date with Henry went well. I got to the place early and ended up doing a little shopping. I ended up with a new outfit that I promptly went into the dressing room to change into and ended up wearing on the date. I know. That sounds bad. I may have a problem with shopping, one that I need to get under control.

The date was fun. I actually planned what we did. I took him to the planetarium and then to dinner. I called it "Nerd Fun" with Shirley. Luckily he seemed to like it. I had a bunch of questions that he had to answer at the different stations. It was a fun way to get to know him better and find out if he has any hidden talents. Which he does, he can balance stuff on his head and walk up and down stairs. I know this because he told me and then demonstrated. It was pretty funny.

After dinner we were walking to the car in the freezing cold, he gave me a hug and said "So, is it okay that we are going so slowly?" To which I responded "Sure". Why the slow pace? It was explained that he doesn't want to rush this because he likes me. That comment made more sense in the moment. After while driving home, I wondered what would have happened if I would have said No. Part of me is glad that he is going so slowly because I probably would have freaked out and went running for the hills if he were going fast and part of me wishes that it was a little faster. However, now that I know it makes it easier for me to relax and try to just enjoy this process.

I'm a little neurotic so having someone lay it out there for me calms me down, a bit. I still am intrigued by Henry and want to get to know him better. What I do like about Henry is I always feel good about me when I am with him. Why? Henry asked a question and I responded with thank you. How do you recover from stupid moments like this. I do it all the time. I keep thinking he must think I am an idiot. But then he asks me out again. I don't think he likes dumb girls so it must not be as bad as I think it is.

We are going out again next week.

Shirley

No comments: