Thursday, June 25, 2009

Frodo Takes Me to Dinner

Frodo called me last week. I guess he finally decided to see if I was worth taking out. We talked for a while on the phone. He is super funny and really easy to talk to. He ended by asking if he could call this week to take me out. Sure.

He called and we decided to meet for dinner. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was going to be late. I sent a message and then he responded with a text. I thought I would only be like five minutes late, but I got on the freeway - which is under construction and down to two lanes. That slowed me down. I took a wrong turn and had to flip around only to be stopped by a train stalled on the tracks. I was must later than I wanted to be. I sent a message and he said that he would be waiting outside the restaurant.

I walked up the steps looking for my date (no we really didn't know what each other looked like, I had a vague idea). I saw him first and thought (okay, he's kind of cute). He turned and saw me and had a complete look of surprise on his face. I have to ask myself - was he good surprised or bad surprised?

We went in had dinner - he was again easy to talk to and funny. He has the kind of humor I get and we could easily banter back and forth with each other. Dinner was yummy and the conversation was fun. He asked if I wanted to take dessert home, but I declined. He walked me to my car and gave me a hug and asked if he could call me later to take me out again. I agreed. I was home by 8:30. Giving this date the distinction of being the shortest one I've ever had.

Shirley

2 comments:

Ali said...

Short but sweet...and the possibility of going again. Sounds good.

Ginger said...

Who would not be surprised to see such beauty! You're a total hotty!