Friday, June 5, 2009

But the Article Said...

Alright! I have a confession to make. I got totally embarrassed yesterday. I was online reading an article about dating. Sigh, I know, kind of silly, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. You know, like when you think it's a good idea to eat the entire bag of chips. Which I frequently do, as I have recently learned it just leaves you with a stomach ache and feeling bad about yourself because now you may or may not be able to fit into the new dress you just bought. Oh, well. Essentially the article said to flirt just for the sake of flirting. Meaning with no expectations, just have fun it said. If you are having fun so will the guy. With my new be Bold approach to life, I thought why not.


Well...I decided that George was a good place to start. I mean we went on a date, we have sent text message and he did say that he wanted to take me out again. So, I sent a text message. I just asked how his training was going. I waited and got a response pretty quickly. The problem...well...it said it's going good. Then he said...Who is this? What? Oh, no. That stinks. It stinks BAD! I think that I need to file this away for the future. All my attempts at being bold are back firing in my face. He doesn't know who this is. Great! How could he have forgotten so quickly? Maybe the date wasn't as great for him. Right? Actually, he did mention that his phone got lost and he got a new one and apparently his cell phone doesn't just transfer all the numbers to the new phone. Hmm...

I sent a message back that said this is Shirley, I hope that you remember me. He sent a text back saying - Oh Yes! I remember you. How are you doing? Well after that we sent some messages back and forth and then sort of ended it. It's still a mystery to me on how to end a text message conversation. I truly think I just stop sending messages back. Is this what you're supposed to do?

Then dance guy text me again. Actually he has sent a few text messages. He invited me to go on a bike ride. I had to think about it, but I thought I am trying to be more open, so...I said okay. We haven't finalized anything, just sort of an idea. I need to find a trail to ride near my house. I am still debating the sanity of this decision to be bold. I should definitely stop reading online dating advice and maybe, just maybe scale back on the bold decisions. I seem to keep getting embarrassed or into uncomfortable situations.

Shirley

1 comment:

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.