Normally, should stay in Vegas, but where's the fun in that? Laverne and I took a road trip this weekend and headed to Sin City. I know, you are probably thinking it was filled with wild parties and crazy night. No. Sorry to disappoint. We headed out for a wedding (not ours) at the Las Vegas temple and then for a little fun playing in Vegas.
First, let me mention that I haven't done anything like that for a while. A crazy night out usually involves me staying up past 11:00 p.m. However, there must be something about Vegas, because we stayed out until 2 a.m. a couple of nights.
What were we doing? The first night we rode the roller coaster at New York, New York, watched the water show at the Bellagio and walked the strip just people observing. We did get asked if we wanted a ride on the back of a Harley Davidson Motorcycle by a couple of hot bikers. Tempting, but we passed. We ate some amazing Italian food and got free passes to go to some different night clubs. We didn't go.
The next night we went to see KA - a Cirque du Soleil production. Can I say amazing! We both loved it. Afterwards we were asked if we wanted to go to a night club. It's been a while since either Laverne or I have been to a night club dancing. Can I say college. Which seems likes a million years ago. We threw caution to the wind and went to a club.
Let me start off by saying that we were over dressed for the club. Why? Because we were fully clothed. The girls there were scantily clad and dancing on the tables or I will mention here that we are pretty good. We were dancing together and having fun after a little while a few guys filtered over and started dancing near us. One even tried to spin me a few times. Not easy to do on a very tiny dance floor. We had fun dancing with them and then a new group came and danced with us for a while. One of them actually talked to me.
Here's where it gets interesting. The first question to me was why are you here in Vegas. I replied that we came for a wedding. Not yours, I hope, that's not my style. Good to know that marriage is sacred to someone I thought. No, just a friend. Why are you here. Oh, my buddy just graduated. Here is what went through my head at that point - from what - high school? Yes, they looked that young. No apparently he just graduated from College - whew! That's good. Also, it was his birthday. Guess how old he was? Wait for it...23. Are you kidding me! I asked my dance partner how old he was - he was 25 he said he just had a baby face. How old are you I was asked. I like to respond how old do you think I am. The first response was 22 (yeah right!). That was just to suck up to me. I told him to go higher. Next guess 25. Higher - 26. Higher 29. I just shook my head and left it alone. Yep. That's it 29. That will work for tonight. He said that's cool. Great! As you know I am in my 30's so that was a total lie. Do I feel bad about it? Not really. It's just plain humiliating telling the person you're dancing with that you are MUCH older that he is.
I will say this. Vegas was fun. I don't want to go back anytime soon. I do love to dance and it was fun, fun, fun getting away for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment