Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Post Script to Laverne's Update

I realized there were a couple of other outstanding items I forgot to update you with in my last post, so here goes:

John is engaged. He is one of the fun guys we met in CA. We're not sure about the details (even Josh didn't have much to add), but we do know he wasn't able to come to UT for the bike ride (somewhat vague on his reason) and this seems to be why. He posted the announcement on FaceBook with a picture of him and his fiance' at the jewelry store. It's a great pic and they both have big grins. It all seemed to happen pretty quickly, but I guess when it's right, it's right. It will be fun to hear wedding details and we wish him the best!

It has been a while since I have heard from Ben. We exchanged some fun emails (including one with a list of personality questions we both answered), but haven't communicated much since. I know he is busy with work and traveling quite a bit this summer, so I haven't been comfortable sending a random "how's it going" email. I don't want to bug him. However, I am comfortable letting him know the next time we head to CA, and had given him an open invitation to call if he ever makes it to UT. So, we'll see if any of that ever happens. Either way, glad to have had a positive experience to kick off my new "dating attitude" with. Still smiling.

I guess I'll bring up Hugh here as well. Hugh is someone I am being set up with by a friend from work. He has an interesting background (all very positive) and comes highly recommended. My friend and I have had a couple of very open talks about him and it seems Hugh and I have many similarities in personality, life/religious goals, and what we are looking for in a relationship. My friend is a very positive and complimentary person, so I hope I can live up to the kind things she has said about me to him.

Long story short (which I'll elaborate on if we actually end up going out) is Hugh is out of town for work until mid-August, but is interested in meeting me. He is a little older (40) with 2 older children and is recently divorced (but has been separated for quite a while). So, at the very least, maybe I can give him a few tips and help ease him into the mid-singles dating world.


I'll let you know if he calls!

Laverne

No comments: