I need to start with a disclaimer: I really do go to Institute because it is a nice spiritual pick me up in the middle of the week. I can't help it if I have met a few interesting guys as well. Not all of the guys are interesting, but there are a few. This is going to be a longer post because I have to give a little background to catch everyone up.
A few weeks ago, while sitting in the parking lot of the church building, I accidentally and embarrassingly honked at a guy. Let me explain. I didn't mean to honk at him. I was reaching in the back of my car for my purse so I could get out my lip gloss. As I was reaching back with my right hand my left hand slid down the steering wheel and when I sat up (I really had to reach) I was off balance a little and my left hand tried to grab for something only to...well - HONK! I look up and standing there is this cute guy. Our eyes meet - mine with panic and dismay - his with surprise and humor. Oh no! That did NOT just happen. Actually it did. Shoot! Just my luck.
I slink into class and sit on the back row hoping to avoid any type of contact with this guy (who will be named Steve). After class I was mingling a little with Rick and Steve comes over and makes a joke about being honked at. Oh thank you so much. Can you just kill me now? I recover and say well at least tell me your name so in the future I will know who I am honking at. Steve and I are now friends on Facebook.
This morning I get a message that Steve had made a comment on a photo of mine. When I look at the picture it is from Henry's fireside last year. It's a picture of me and two guys. The comment was: "Wow! You know Patrick? We're going to be roommates in a couple of weeks." I don't really know Patrick, but I do remember him. I remember him because at the time I thought he was really cute. He has dark hair and blue eyes. I ♥ boys with dark hair and blue eyes. I talked to him a bit, but was pretty focused on Henry that night and the fact that I finally got to meet him. I didn't really pay attention to anyone else. I pretty much had tunnel vision straight to Henry.
We had a social after Institute and I was talking to Steve when he said, "Oh you guys know each other right?" I look over and there is Patrick. I remembered his name because of the photo I saw earlier. We started talking and I think he is charming and funny and so cute. Well...I say we should be friends on facebook so I can tag your photo. He said ok. I sent the request - thank you iPhone. I had to go to a meeting and as I was leaving and I said to Patrick - don't forget to accept my friend request tonight. He started walking with me and said I don't think that will be enough for me? What? I said. He responded with I think we should go out. What are you doing this weekend? I had to pause. He asked about Saturday night. I am free. I have a family party, but can go after. Great said Patrick. I give him my number. I then really look at him and I say - how old are you? Why? Comes the response. Oh, no. I think I may be older than you. He is 29! 29! I am shaking my head right now. I look at him and say I am older than you. Are you sure you want to go out. Patrick's response: I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't want to. Ok. I really wished that we were at least in the same decade. But...I am going to give it a shot. He is cute and I am actually looking forward to this date. He knows that I am divorced and have three kids and he knew that before he asked me out. I really appreciate the fact that he was confident enough to just ask. Instead of waiting for weeks and weeks of seeing each other. I give him points for that. Also, I really loved his response when I he found out I am older. I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes.
One last embarrassing detail. After I found out I am older than he is. I looked at him and said with much dismay - Oh you are so cute! I just said that out loud. I have to go. Why am I such an idiot? I need a better filter on my mouth. Wish me luck!
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love your unfiltered comments and I love younger men! ;)
Post a Comment