I went out with a friend's brother. I was a little apprehensive, due to the sort of bad luck dating I've been having, but the date was fun. We went to a game and it was easy to talk to him, he made me laugh with his stories and I would go out with him again.
I've decided that this things seem to go better when you have no expectations and a positive attitude. We'll see if he asks me out again. A little side note: this friend told me that this guy has been struggling with church activity. Which concerns me.
Ok... Mr. Smarty Pants called again. Sunday afternoon while sitting at church Smart Guy called again. I didn't call him back until this morning. Thinking that he needed help with an activity or something. He asked me to call him back. I did...The reason he called?
"I shouldn't have called you. I was just feeling lonely. I like my privacy sometimes, but other times the loneliness just gets to me. I have a condition that is making it hard for me to meet people. Did I tell you about it? I don't seem to age. At all. I only look 30, but I'm going to be 54 pretty soon. I went to a Ward camp out recently and I was trying to hang out with the people my own age and they kept pushing me toward the 40 year olds and then they pushed me toward the 30 year olds and then a guy in my ward who has the same condition as I do said let's go play soccer with the high school kids. I did for like four hours and then everyone was asking me when I graduated from college and high school and I told everyone how old I was, but no one believed me. I had to take out my driver's license and pass it around. I have just been lonely lately and I called you. I probably shouldn't have bothered you, but I just wanted someone to talk to. Sometimes the loneliness just gets to me. School starts in two days, so I will have something to do. I hope that I will see you at an activity. Thanks for calling me back."
Yikes!!! I think next time I will just ignore the call. Your thoughts?
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think all communication should be done through texts with this guy. You can just delete and only have to respond when necessary. This must be the big downfall to your calling. Good luck. Hopefully school will keep him busy.
Mr. Smarty Pants needs a professional diagnosis. Poor guy. There is something wrong with him. Can you block his calls? Sheesh!
Post a Comment