Monday, December 13, 2010

Requested Rick Explanation

This is for my friend "C" who lives up north...

Yes, those pics include our friend Rick. Yes, he is way cute. Yes, we love being with him. No, there isn't any chemistry there. None. And I can tell you this because BOTH Shirley and I tested those lips. Here's the dirt:

At the New Year's party last year Rick laid one on me. I was totally taken back, and admit to laughing through some of it, but remember thinking that was fun in a "hey buddy" kind of way. He is so easy to be around and we jokingly flirt a lot, but that is easy to do because there really is nothing more there than friendship. Is it weird to say he is kind of like a brother after just admitting kissing him?

I will admit that Shirley and I have had this discussion a number of times, asking the question "why can't one of us like him that way?" Neither one of us has come up with an answer. We've also debated (still ongoing) what the best start for a relationship is - being a friend or a boyfriend. Either way, you definitely need chemistry, right?  I will say that hanging with Rick has been a big help in getting me comfortable with being around guys as a single person again. Plus, he is fun to look at.

As mentioned, we flirt with Rick a lot. Lately it has increased a bit between Rick and Shirley, where he was threatening to kiss her. Being tired of the "cry wolf" approach from Rick, Shirley took him up on his last threat and actually locked lips with him. I'll let her add details if she would like, but needless to say, it will never happen again.

If anything changes, we'll make sure to post it here. For now, does it help you to know that he and I have promised to marry each other if we're both still single when we turn 40? And yes, a pinkie pledge may have been involved in that agreement.

Laverne

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Well, as long as you have promised to get married if you're both single at 40...I just hope some chemistry develops before then. It's a shame to let a guy like that go.