Okay, not that kind of cleansing - although after all the junk I ate over the holiday, I could use it. No, I have officially purged all boys from my life. Meaning Henry and Patrick.
Patrick and I just sort of faded out of each other's lives. It worked for us, but me being me and not being able to just walk away without officially stating for the record that it was over and also leaving him feeling good about himself; I sent an email via Facebook. I told him that I think he is a great guy and I was glad for the opportunity I had to get to know him better. I finished with an open invite for food and games (namely chess or scrabble). Patrick replied with I think you're great too. I didn't want to do the fade out either. I plan on being hungry and wanting to play chess tomorrow. Can I call you? I told him sure. I thought one last hurrah! He came over and we ate dinner (probably one of my better meals - only because it looked as good as it tasted). We played chess - I NEVER win, so imagine my surprise and delight when I kicked his butt! It was the best way to end a relationship for sure.
Henry...I have been going in circles ever since the phone call out of the blue and the subsequent calls about how to melt chocolate, etc. I thought maybe he was trying to recycle into my life. Then maybe not, then yes, then no. It's really annoying to me and to my friends, I'm sure all the conversations we've had about this. I admit that idea really appealed to me. However, as I continued to think back on my dating experience with Henry and thought more about what I really want from the guy I am dating; I kept coming to the realization that the two things don't align with him. I had such a hard time coming to the conclusion because Henry has a couple really big things going for him. First, he is fully grounded in the gospel. This is HUGE for me. I need to know that I can trust the guy I am with and I felt confident that he could be trusted. That he would live the kind of life that could be trusted. Second, he was fun to be with and was really knowledgeable about lots of things that I'm not. I love a smart guy. Finally, the guy could sing. Which is totally dreamy. And he can play the guitar and the piano. Yeah. *Sigh* I know. After all that though and a few trips to the temple. The feeling came that it was time to let go. It has been easier to really let go this time. I think I needed all of this to be completely sure. So for that I am thankful.
I have decided to take a little boy break. I'm not putting a time limit on it. I just know that a little break will be good. I am, however, continuing to push Laverne into being more bold, daring and flirty with guys. I think it's starting to come back to her. Just like riding a bike. She's a little rusty, but quickly gaining confidence and speed. I am so excited to watch her go! She is someone I truly admire and look to for many things. It's nice to see her recognize all the beauty and sheer amazingness she has to offer.
I had a friend tell me the other day that 2011 is supposed to be my year - the year of the Rabbit. Lots of good luck and good things are supposed to be coming my way. I am looking forward to the new year and whatever it brings!
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment