I went to dinner at my friends house last night. She lives out by Henry, who happened to be doing a fireside at the same church where I kissed him on the cheek (if you'd like to re-live that horribly embarrassing moment click here). I think I had resolved to go a while ago, but kept changing my mind for the last couple of weeks. I would think go and then don't do it and then go and then don't. I am happy that I went. I finally feel like I got the closure that I needed and feel better about everything.
The evening went something like this...I left late from my friends house, got lost and arrived 15 minutes late to the fireside. I so hate being late. I feel all frazzled and I don't like that. Henry was already playing. I thought this was a good thing because I figured I could sneak in and sneak out. Which was my original plan...mostly. After it was over. I was getting ready to leave when a girl came up to me and said Hi. I met her last time and Henry were at that church and had ice cream at her house. I really liked her and thought she was so nice for coming to say Hi. She and I talked for a while and she is the kind of girl that I would be friends with. She said let's go say Hi to Henry. I really just wanted to leave at that point, but she said you drove all this way, let's at least say Hi. Can't argue with that. More on this in a minute...
Henry's dad and step mom were up front waiting to talk to Henry as well. They both remembered me and asked me questions about the kids and my Christmas plans. They were both so sweet and it reminded me how much I really love Henry's family. Since Henry's dad is in the temple presidency, I asked him a question about sealing my mom to her parents. I have a complicated family tree. He was so awesome to answer all the questions I had and then he even gave me his phone number so I could call him to get more help. He kept saying call me and I will talk you through it. So funny. As he was leaving he said to me - it's REALLY nice seeing you here. It's REALLY nice seeing you again. I'm glad that Henry's dad liked me.
Henry and I talked a little after the fireside. He said that he was trying to find me a present the other day. Apparently last year he found chocolate potato chips and thought I would enjoy them. Because two of my favorite things are chocolate and potato chips. Sad but true. As he was walking me to my car, he said that his dad asks him all the time about me and how I'm doing. I asked him if he told him he broke up with me. He said yes, but he still asks anyway. Hahahaha! Henry then gave me three hugs and kept saying that he was glad to see me. Then he said if you don't have plans over Christmas give me a call and we can go do something, like go to a concert. Huh? I wished I would have said if you are serious, give me a call and we'll see if we can coordinate. I didn't.
It was a good to see him and I feel better about it. It's almost like I can stop wondering and feel like I finally have closure as I said before. It was a great fireside and it does make me feel good knowing his family really liked me.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Closure? I'm a little confused....this could be another opening...
Post a Comment