Laverne and I have been...well a little MIA. I am on a boy break and Laverne is busy running her super successful advertising company. We were both asked to help out with a charity auction. We both thought it was not going to go very well. They were a little unorganized, but somehow it came together. The auctioneer really got the audience to think about the reason they were there and ended up raising quite a bit of money.
Part way through the auction our committee chair person came over and said to me the guys are upset that we aren't auctioning off a girl. Earlier in the night a guy was auctioned off - he volunteered. I told her to go ahead what a great idea. She looked at me and said - not me, you. Ahhh! Huh? Yeah. I don't think so. She persisted and made me feel bad by saying it's for charity. I know, I replied. Fine.
Great. I should have said no, but it was for charity and so up I went. I seriously was worried that people wouldn't bid. It was super embarrassing. There were three guys that were bidding seriously and then one dropped out and then it was just two - I was finally sold to the highest bidder. Guess who it was...wait for it...Patrick. Yep. That Patrick. I was grateful he was there to bid on me, but I realized that I don't have any residual feelings for him. Which is good. I know that we can be friends. I didn't get the feeling that he was doing anything other than being nice.
It was a fun night that ended up with Laverne and I going to a house party - we were late and missed the open mic part. We met some of Patrick's friends and then ending up at McDonald's hanging out in the parking lot. I know. McDonald's parking lot. We were there for so long that they turned the outside lights off on us. I think it might have been their way of saying GO HOME! or don't hang out in our parking lot.
Reading that back looks as strange as it was. Patrick and four other guys (one who was really cute and seemed kind of interesting, not that we'll ever see him again), and Laverne and I. Good odds for us. But really strange night.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment