Friday, March 19, 2010

Therapy

Because mid-single activities have currently proven to be more painful than fruitful (love cheesy words), and while I wait for my friends to hook me up with someone worth dating (e.g. Henry variety), I am enjoying my favorite means of escape; reading. I LOVE to read, and will read almost anything - except self-help books (they don't help).

While looking for something new for spring I ran across this great list from Oprah. Granted, my break-up was over 2 years ago, but the concept still applies. Especially in little doses while dating. Besides, how else can I keep my mind off of the accumulating episodes that is my current life? ...FB posts with good intentions that trumpet to everyone current "hook up" efforts, reports of run-ins with Chuck's sister and conversations about Chuck and I while scrap booking (love to hear when a group of people have been plotting about you), and a mother who has decided she is going to give you advice on what is attractive and what it is I should be looking for in a man. Apparently the recent articles about Sandra Bullock have made her an expert.

I like to joke that someday my life may result in a book - if for no one but myself. And yes, I do remember those of you who asked to be written in with a larger chest and skinnier thighs (I'll be applying the same make-over to myself as well). As of today, it would only be described as a tragedy or drama with possibly a little comedy. I'm sure the upcoming mid-singles conference will provide a solid chapter for that.

Laverne

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I'm not much of a self-help book fan, either. I'll send lots of wishes your way for the Henryesque-type to waltz into your life.