Saturday, March 6, 2010

He's Kind of Like a Little Kid at Christmas

Henry and I went to a game tonight. He loves sports and watching him at the game - it reminds me of a kid at Christmas. You can see the pure joy in his eyes. We won the game so that made it even better.

While driving to dinner, Henry told me he liked the way I talk. What? I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but I guess it's a good thing. He said I wasn't totally girly. Apparently that's a compliment? We ate dinner with a mutual friend and his wife. Then went to the game. I have to say that watching him get all excited and cheer and yell - is really amusing and fun and endearing. Yeah. He's cute.

During the game one of his older brothers (Mark) sent a text message asking for a picture of me. I didn't get to see all of the message, the part I did see was hilarious. It said "Man up and take the picture!" That is funny to me that his brother would give me a hard time. I loved it. Both the brother and his wife apparently gave me the stamp of approval - we are supposed to do something with them next week.

We then went for dessert and on the way out of the restaurant I wasn't paying attention. Well...Henry had stopped to open the door and I totally ran into him and kind of ended up giving him a hug from the back. I laughed it off and apologized and Henry said any excuse Shirley? That's right any excuse to grope you. You betcha! I said can I be more awkward or embarrassing? Well right after I said that I slipped on the ice and almost went down. So apparently I can. Sweet.

Then he drove me around the city (he went to school there). He showed me all of his old apartments and told me stories about his college days. Then we ended up at his little brother John's house. If you are keeping track, I have now met two of the four brothers and his dad. We are making the rounds. If I think about it too much, I get scared. I am just trying to enjoy this dating process and not worry about the rest. His brother and wife were great, so nice. Henry has an amazing family and I really have liked all of the people I have met. After Henry was teasing me about the college I went to and his brother totally said that's not nice Henry. He felt pretty bad and sent me a text later and to apologize. It was totally a funny comment to me and I did not mind.

It was a fun night. After the good night kiss Henry was trying to ask me about next week and he kept forgetting what he was trying to say. Then he said I don't know just call me I can't think right now. Yeah. It was a good kiss. I was having a hard time processing information as well. Sigh. Smile. Good times.

Shirley

No comments: