Saturday, March 27, 2010

How Does He Do That?

I have been thinking a lot lately about how to introduce Henry to my kids and if it was the right time. It's a big deal to me and I wasn't sure what he thought about it. I don't know if he can fully appreciate how I feel about this. I do think it's the next step that needs to be taken. If he doesn't mix well with my kids then there is no reason to continue dating. However, I haven't wanted it to seem like a big production or a big deal. I wasn't sure how to even bring up the conversation and make it seem casual. I've gotten advice from lots of friends (thank you). I decided that tonight was a good time to bring it up. Although, during dinner the restaurant was noisy and crowded and I didn't think it was the right moment - or I chickened out a little.

Well, we went to a different place for dessert that was quiet and Henry, once again, brought up the topic that I needed to talk about and did it in a very easy way. Seriously, how does he do that? I guess my Now What question has been answered. We are going to try to do dinner with my kids on Thursday. He also said that he was going to do better at seeing me next week because he felt like he hadn't done a good job this week. Which may be true.

At dinner tonight he gave me a a bunch of music that he titled "peaceful" because we had a conversation earlier in the week and I said that I was having a hard time falling asleep. He made me a CD of music he thought would help. He also told me this week that he missed me. Aww. So cute. It made my day.

I don't have any embarrassing stories to tell. Things seem to be going really well. I am having so much fun and I am happy. Yay!

Shirley

No comments: