Saturday, March 20, 2010

Now What?

I've now officially met all of Henry's family members that live here. His sister in law asked me lots of questions, she is VERY direct. I think the best one was - So do you like Henry? I responded affirmatively. Then she said - I know you like him, but do you LIKE him? Ahh? How do answer that to his sister in law? So embarrassing. I decided to go with an honest and simple - Yes. I don't know if he LIKES me - I get that he likes me, but I don't know if he LIKES me. I don't know if me LIKING him will go anywhere other than where it is right now. She followed up that question with why do you like him? Super. This is fun. I could do this all night long. Umm. Not really. She seemed to like the answer that I gave her and we were finally able to move on. One funny question she asked was "Is your ex-husband just evil?" Oh. Where do you go with that. You will be happy to know that I did not bash on Ned (the ex although not his real name) because I really just feel sorry for him. I did have a great time getting to know the rest of his family. I have to say that coming from the slightly dysfunctional family that I did - I ♥ his family - they are truly great people. What fun it must be to have siblings like that.

I am trying to enjoy this journey and see where it takes me. It's been full of angst, anxiety, stress, fun, humor, awkward, enjoyment, joy, happiness, and moments of pure awesomeness. I know there are conversations that will probably have to happen in the future and steps that need to be taken. One that I probably need to initiate is having him spend some time with my kids and I. I don't know if I am ready for this yet. I think that I need to feel more secure about his feelings towards me before I can let him into that part of my life.

Being with Henry has been great for me - I think each time we are out he tells me that he thinks I am amazing and smart and beautiful. Who doesn't like hearing that about themselves? We have plans for next week so check back.

Shirley

No comments: