Tonight Henry and I finally got together. He sent a text message a couple days ago and we coordinated schedules. Tonight we participated in a class that was part of my Christmas present from him. It was great, educational and yummy. He told me that he had been working extra hours at his night job (did I mention that he works at night?). That's why I haven't seen or heard from him. By the time he is finishing work and going to bed, I am just getting up. He is going to work when I am going to sleep. He did say that he would call me and we can plan another date.
A few things I have learned from this situation. First, dating is not the same now as it was back in college or high school. We both have lives that are busy. I have kids that I am getting to and from school and lessons. He is busy with his music and job. We don't get to see each other everyday or talk all the time we want. Second, I need to stop being neurotic and try to stay calm and level headed. It's when I let my emotions run wild and I start doubting Henry and myself that I get into panic mode and make myself crazy. I just need to be logical about this and know that it will be okay. Third, I realized that I am okay making myself vulnerable to another person. More importantly a male person. I wasn't sure if I would be okay with this. I haven't fully done this, but I realized during this time that I want to do that with Henry. I feel like I've been sort of closed off and not my usual self. I am challenging myself do that now. I'd like to see where this goes and yes, we do need to have a discussion on where he is on all of this relationship stuff.
Since I know that everyone is totally curious about how the evening ended...we had a great hug (not the kissing hug). I feel like I will be ready next time to attempt that. I did almost kiss him on the cheek, but wimped out in the end. I just needed to turn my head a quarter of an inch and I would have, but I think I needed this date to reassure myself of my feelings and his before I attempted anything like that.
Hopefully next time I will be more bold. Like I said before I am a work in progress. I am learning to step outside my comfort zone a little more each time.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment