Friday, January 8, 2010

Excuse Me, Is This Thing On?

Not to sound too neurotic, but Henry hasn't called, text, emailed, smoke signaled, or snail mailed - nothing since New Year's Eve. Did he get sucked into a black hole, fall into a vortex, captured by a aliens who took him to their planet to space probe him, is he in jail and only had one phone call and used it to call someone else to bail him out? Is he dead on the side of the road - because I have driven with him and he is an aggressive driver. Maybe he is off composing beautiful music about me and needs complete solitude to create something amazing. My mind seems to shift back and forth between he isn't interested, he is still interested and is just bad at communicating with people, his thumbs don't work, all of his fingers were broken in a horrible piano accident, or my personal favorite he is trying to find the right words to confess of his undying love for me.

Is it just me or should a guy that refers to me as his "girlfriend" and tells people that we are "dating" and that he isn't dating anyone else (unless he suddenly started at the first of the year), call or something? Sheesh!

Is his phone broken, did he change his mind, does he not understand that I obsess about it? I sit here laughing about it now, because I've learned that if I can't laugh and find humor in all the craziness of dating it would really be depressing. A couple of days ago I was sad and confused. Now I have come to the realization that whatever is occupying Henry's time - and clearly it's not thoughts of me - I'm okay. He may not be the guy for me, but there's someone out there who will be.

However, if he does escape from the aliens or somehow break through the gravitational pull from the black hole and his cell phone starts working again, and his first phone call is to me - I'll let you know. 2010 is already interesting and fun!

I guess to be fair, in Henry's defense...I'm not 100% sure that he understands why I want to talk to him. I wanted to follow up on some past comments and really wanted to let Henry know that I LIKE him. You know not just like him, but LIKE, LIKE him. I finally checked the box YES instead of the maybe that had been passed to me. I know that up to this point I have been holding back and finally feel ready to let go (a little). Let go for me means I may actually touch his arm, compliment him (instead of make fun of his socks), and possibly in the future work up to the kissing hug. Can't he just read my mind and know that I need for him to call me so we can have our discussion and see where it goes? Isn't that how it works? C'mon Henry - CALL ME already!

Shirley

2 comments:

Ali said...

What?! Henry needs to be in contact with his "girlfriend" for sure.
Have you tried contacting him?
Have you texted him and asked when the aliens may release him?

Charlotte said...

Please, just call him and find out what's up!

(I'm LaVerne's friend, and I love following both your lives, though I don't even know you, Shirley!)