Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year's!

What did I find out this New Year's? Henry officially labeled me as his "girlfriend". It's kind of a strange twist of events. I say this because every time I have doubts about what I am to him - it conveniently comes up in conversation. I must be living right.

How did it happen? I went to visit Henry at his work (he works at a hotel at night) on New Year's Eve. A family that he knows pretty well was staying and they came down to the lobby and talked to us. During the course of the conversation the wife asked Henry if he had a girlfriend. I started laughing (nerves and just funny). Henry smiled and looked at me like Yeah! She's right there. The wife then said - Oh my gosh you're his girlfriend. You're so cute. Thanks...awkward pause. Then she said isn't Henry great. He's so adorable. I really started laughing now. Henry doesn't love that fact that ladies think he is adorable. I love it. I said, he is adorable. I like that he is adorable. I love that word when used to describe people.

I also established that Henry isn't dating anyone but me. These are all good things. Now my question is: Why hasn't he kissed me yet? I know now that I am ready for him to lay one on me. I am trying to figure out how to subtly let him know that I would like a kiss. We've dated for a while now and if I am his "girlfriend" then what's the hold up. I've gotten to meet some of his family, friends, visited him at work, cooked him dinner, but no kissing.

I don't know if it's because we haven't been very touchy feely. I can be with other guys that don't matter to me, but with him, I totally freeze up. I am practicing the kissing hug. I've asked a few different guys if they would get the message and so far all of them agree. If I do the hug, he will understand. Check back to see if I get brave.

Shirley

No comments: