I keep asking myself what's up the the weekday dates. Am I not worthy of a weekend date? This particular date was full of illicit appearing activities. Wow! Now it just got interesting right? Let me start at the beginning...
We met in a parking lot (totally romantic, I know!). I actually needed to get something in the store so I ran in thinking that I had a few extra minutes. I first needed to use the bathroom. As I came out and was heading for the toy section, ran into Henry. Who was in line buying stuff. I told him I needed to get something really fast and ran back to pick out a birthday present. We headed to dinner and then to his performance.
He was performing at a church function and I sat in the pews while he was practicing. Soon several ladies started to wonder in. I got lots of fun questions that night. First, is this your boyfriend? Are you guys dating? Well...do you like him? Rapid fire all from the same person. Luckily, Henry was practicing on the piano and I don't (here's to hoping) think he heard the questions. I told the woman I didn't know how to respond to her. Seriously, I don't know what to say. Why? I think we are dating? Honestly, I'm not certain. I don't know how he would answer that question. I don't call him my boyfriend that's for sure. Yes. I do like him.
After he was done performing. One lady asked if we sing together. Hahahaha! If you know me and have heard me sing that is self explanatory. For those who don't know me, let me just say this. I could clear a room out pretty quickly if I started to sing - I am that BAD! I do appreciate people who are blessed with the gift of music in all forms. She then asked if I have Henry sing to me? Yes, please. I actually haven't, but I would totally welcome it. The last and probably the best question of the night - Is he your husband? Umm. No. Thanks for asking though.
We left and went back to the parking lot. We talked in my car for a while. He gave me some more CD's of his and we had turned on the interior light so I could look at some of the songs. This is where it gets illicit. We had talked about going to see the Nutcracker. I haven't ever had a guy willingly say he would go to the ballet with me so I am really excited about this. We made plans for Tuesday because in my mind online it said that is was playing Tuesday night. He called his friends and they said that they wanted to go. Henry asked if I would get the tickets. Well...he then handed me a wad of money to pay for the tickets (remember the lights are still on and we are in a parking lot) and I look up with said bills in my hand and see a woman walking by staring at us through the window. In my mind (bad Shirley) I think all sorts of inappropriate things, especially if I am that woman. I did joke about it with Henry and he laughed. At least he thought it was funny.
Now comes the part where I embarrass myself. It's time to go and I get out to give Henry a hug goodbye. Wait for it...wait. For some reason I feel compelled to say to him "I can't believe that you're not married. You are kind of amazing." Why, why, why do I say things like this. Why does my mouth open before my brain can process what is going to come out. He was totally nice when he responded, but I couldn't actually look at him. I can feel my cheeks are turning red and I just want to get in the car and drive home. Which I then do.
I get home and get online to buy the tickets and guess what? It's not playing the Tuesday we picked. Great! I had to call Henry and tell him, apologize and give him dates that it is playing. He said that he would call his friends and call me back. He couldn't get a hold of them that night so he said that he would try tomorrow. He called me the next day and said that we were still on for Tuesday. We are going to a concert and dinner with his friends. Should be fun. We"ll have to go to the Nutcracker another night.
I will mention here and I may have said this before I am surprised that he continues to want to do things with me. Not that I'm not a great girl and all, but I don't feel like I have many bright shiny moments when I am with him. I think that I can be funny and carry on an intelligent conversation, but when I am with him, my brain shuts down (not all the way). I can usually rapid fire comments and joke back and forth, but for some reason when I am with Henry my brain is slow and can't think. It's super annoying. I think that Tuesday with his friends should be fun. I am hoping that they will tell me more fun stories about Henry. I really hope that my brain will begin to work. Check back to see what happens. At least I can entertain you while I embarrass myself.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment