Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Concert Fall

Tonight was the Christmas concert with Henry. The concert was fun and festive. Before it began we were back stage (Henry performed as well), he was doing a sound check and I was waiting for him. I needed to go meet a friend of mine and for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to jump off the stage. This isn't going to end well right? The other alternative was to walk along the front of the stage to the other side and go down the stairs. I obviously gave myself more credit than I deserve for being graceful. I went to jump down and my heel got caught in something and I almost (thank goodness) almost landed on my face. Somehow, my cat like reflexes kicked in and I saved myself and landed on my feet (very awkwardly). Did I mention that all the performers of the night were on the stage at the time, watching me and my horribly clumsy moment? Does anyone else feel embarrassed or is it just me? Are you one of those people who avert their eyes when someone is getting embarrassed. I am. I want to look away right now! I really wanted the floor to open up and just swallow me. Henry asked if I was okay. There were several jokes made and I said that's why my mom put me in dancing. Just call me Grace.

I quickly made my exit, shaking my head as I went. Outside I found a girl I had met back in May that knows Henry. I saw her on my date on Tuesday night with Henry and she and I were talking she said by the way - you are dating Henry. What? Apparently she asked him if he and I were dating. He said yes, that he was taking it slow because I am recently divorced, etc. Take home message - we are taking it slow and we are dating.

Great - so now what? Nutcracker on Tuesday. Check back to follow all my awesome moments of awkwardness!

Shirley

2 comments:

Ginger said...

OK Grace. What's up with you and all the hilarias events. First there's fake poop on your shirt and then you attempt a Peter Pan stunt. My friend, you are one bundle of good times. I can't tell you how happy I am that you two are finally "dating". At least Henry is never bored when you're around! You are AWESOME! :)

Rebecca Pierce said...

That is awesome. I laughed out loud. I was very scared as you led up to the climax. Could have been much, much worse. You are dating someone!