Tonight Shane came back into town on his way to his parents missionary homecoming. We went to dinner and to a show. It was a fancy night out- he asked me to dress up. Super fun. I love any excuse to wear a pretty dress. I had such a good time. I was prepared for the date to be good, but after last night's date with Henry, I wasn't sure if tonight would be as much fun. It was.
It had a completely different feel to it. Shane is more mature, possibly because he is older or possibly because he has had life experiences similar to mine. I'm not sure. He makes me feel good about myself and is easy to be with and fun to talk to. He is cute in a nerdy sort of way. I really like that about him. He looked really good in his suit and he has dimples. I'm kinda love dimples. He has so many funny stories from a mischievous youth. He is intelligent and is gainfully employed. I was totally prepared to have fun, but didn't think I would like him as much as I liked Henry. It took a few minutes to get the conversation going. Whereas with Henry the conversation gets going the second he arrives. He is a big bundle of energy. Shane is a little more subdued and subtle. Shane seems less intimidating to me. He makes me laugh and I am totally physically attracted to him. I enjoy his company each time we get together.
Two things that make me nervous: first, having two guys that I like. Only because it could get messy, people's feeling get hurt and because I haven't ever dated two guys at once. Second, if you date eventually it has to end for one or both of them. I get hurt or hurt someone else. I don't know if I can handle another rejection at this moment in my life and I don't want to reject anyone. I feel that being honest and direct with both of the guys is the best route to go. They both need to know that I am dating other people and they should feel free to do the same. How does one start of a conversation like that? Something to ponder...
Shirley
PS - I honestly don't think guys think about this stuff as much as we do. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment