I was out with Bob on Friday night, went to a game. I had my cell phone in my back pocket because we were going to meet up with Laverne, Roger and Rick to go dancing. I needed to coordinate arrival times, where to meet, etc.
While at the game I had to use the bathroom. Cell phone still in back pocket. I went back to my seat and a little while later I received a call from Laverne. When I hung up I noticed that my phone had dialed a few people. Guess who was on the list? Henry - OH NO!!! I'm not sure if he received a message of me using the restroom or the crowd cheering at the game or what? Please, please I am praying it was not a bathroom message. I am dying. I don't know if I should pretend it never happened or bring it up so we can laugh about it.
I am stunned that my phone actually dialed a number. I have it locked you have to push the OK button twice to get it to unlock. Then is has to scroll down clear to Henry's name. His name is not conveniently located at the beginning or end of the alphabet. How does this happen and why me? I feel like Henry and I are just not meant to be. I really want to go out with him, but don't think things are looking real good right now.
Here is an update though...he did call me back about the tickets I had. He said that he had a family thing so he couldn't make it, but that he wanted to know if I was available this week. He said to call back. I called back and got his voicemail. Curses to modern conveniences. I did leave a message asking him to call me back so we could discuss a day to go out. I haven't heard from him - yet. I am pretty sure that he must think I am an idiot after the Friday night message. Lucky for me I can laugh about this and once again chalk it up to practice. I'm sure there are worse things that could have happened. Not sure what they would be, but there are worse things. Right? Please feel free to share your embarrassing stories so I don't feel so bad...please.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment