- Jerry and I have gone out a couple more times, but since it has come to the point where there is clearly nothing there, I've let the communications lag to where I haven't spoken to him in almost 2 weeks now (I know, mature). Great guy. Fun to be with. Perfect concert date. A good ice breaker (yes, I kissed him). But not enough all around for what I'm looking for.
- Chuck is still in the picture - just off to the side a bit. We're still both playing the buddy card so I'm trying to figure out how to best make a move and let him know I'd be open to actually going on a date. Shirley and I have discussed this scenario and agree "this could be a great opportunity to practice your skills so you have no regrets." I'll let you know how my exercise with Chuck goes.
- Scott is still my lake boyfriend. I've been up there a couple more weekends and each time I get a text from him to see what I'm up to (since he is up there too), which then prompts a weekend of stimulating (insert sarcasm) texting. My average wpm has increased thanks to him.
- Bob (a new guy) is someone I met at a dance a few weeks ago who I didn't give my phone number to, but who hooked up with me on FaceBook. We've been exchanging emails off and on. There might be more to this story after tomorrow (he's planning to be at a dance we're going to), but for now I'll just say that he could give Scott a run for his money in the personality department. Yes, it's that bad.
- Lenny is great. Still there. Enjoying good, long conversations with the guy. Hoping he'll join us eventually for some of our outings with Chuck and Roger - he could use a night out.
This article helped provide a little more inspiration too.
Don't get me wrong. I still have standards. They just might broaden a little bit.
Oh - and did I mention, for some reason I have been getting friend requests on FB lately from a number of random single guys. All over the age of 40. How broad is too broad...45? Or, maybe I just need to rethink my profile pic...
Laverne


1 comment:
Introvert?! You?!!! And I forbid you to struggle with self esteem. Who has more talent or charm than you do?
Post a Comment