Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another Amazing Date with Henry

Tonight for our date we listened to a choir practicing for their Sunday performance and ate dinner on the top floor of this amazingly beautiful building. After we were walking around looking at the different rooms, Henry told me he had performed in many of the rooms for wedding receptions. He took me to this room with a piano in it and he sang me a 200 year old love song - while playing the piano, in a dark room with nothing but the outside lights from the city to cast a soft glow in the room. Yep. You heard me. Pick up your jaw, like I had to, he is unbelievably talented. I love listening to him sing.

I have always had a thing for guys who could play the piano. The fact that he can sing and play. Oh, no, I am in trouble. The song was beautiful, I wish I could tell you the name so you could hear it for yourself. I don't remember. I am so sad that I don't remember. I am trying to figure out a way to ask him, but I'm not quite sure how to bring it up. All I could think during the song was - I could listen to him sing everyday. Henry likes the song because it isn't cheesy, it's timeless and memorable. I am still smiling as I think about it.



I really like that he teases me, in a nice way, because sometimes people tease and it feels mean. I am comfortable with him, there hasn't been any awkwardness, I did almost run over some pedestrians while taking him to his car. That was just embarrassing and funny. He asks questions and I feel like he really listens to me and he remembers things I have said on previous occasions. I have a hard time with that skill. I think sometimes I just have major brain dumping after a conversation. I went to a fireside last Sunday and one thing the speaker said that look at how people treat people they don't need. He used the example of servers in restaurants, clerks at the store, etc. I am happy to say that Henry was super nice to the server and she was totally flirting with him. He didn't flirt back.

I am looking forward to next week and seeing him perform again. He asked if I wanted to go get dessert after. I am sure that it will be a fun night. Stay tuned...

Shirley

1 comment:

Ali said...

Kyle told me to pick my jaw up. Will he sing to me too? ;)