I had to make a quick note of this event because it is just so sad. Scott (please refer to HS reunion roster) is the "old friend" who is notorious for passing digital notes (and still does on a regular basis). Calling or personal appearances apparently are not an option for him. So, when he passed a note that said "call me when you get up to the lake this weekend" (he was going to be there too - his family has a cabin near us) I thought, "Ok. I can do that."
Being the new daring woman I am, I called him when we got up there. He didn't answer. I left a message. He sent a text back.
I gave in and played texting with him. It lasted the afternoon, evening, and then the next morning. We are less than 2 miles from each other and still no effort from him to actually "hook up." However, later that afternoon he mentioned they were at the beach and that I should come on down. I told him that sounded great (since the beach was crazy because of the holiday and space was VERY limited). He said to call when we got down there and told me what to look for to find their group.
So, I grab the kids and head down for a couple hours of beach time. We get there and I notice his sister watching for me. As I walk up she gave me a big smile and said "Hey! Have a seat, we're just hanging out. Scott just took off on the boat with the bigger kids so it's just us for a while."
Um. Ok. Invite me to the beach...then LEAVE!! After almost an hour the boat finally worked it's way back to shore. Fortunately my children were having a great time and we were able to get some sand play in regardless of my social expectations.
Scott was the last one off the boat and my opening line, after 15 years and in honor of our first in-person appearance was, "I hope you didn't rush back on my account."
Laverne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Now that was a daring comment! ;)
So I want to know how the rest goes because right now I'm for ditching him. Texting your life away doesn't sound like fun to me.
I'm thinking he's not worth the time. Maybe he needs a good'ol ultimatum. 'No more texting! If you'd like to talk to me CALL!' If he's really interested he won't want to lose out. Even shy guys need a good push once in awhile. Just a thought.
Post a Comment