Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Online Dating Debate

So, Shirley and I recently revisited the online dating discussion. There was an interesting story on a local news channel that described the first positive (non-commercial) perspective I've seen on using dating websites to meet people. Apparently "we live in one of the most online-dating friendly states in America. With sites like LDS Singles and LDS Planet, Virginia may be for lovers, but Utah is for online lovers."

We're still skeptical, but open to discussion. This article had some rules to consider if we take the plunge. For those of you working on your profiles this week, please remember "if it’s been three weeks and you’re still emailing someone you haven’t made plans to meet, you aren’t looking for a date, you’re looking for a pen-pal." Hmm.....remind you of someone?

I also ran across this article, which has a few strong points as well. This is clearly one individual's opinion whose social life is a bit more colorful than mine or Shirley's, but is probably close to what my assumptions are for what I'll find regarding profiles and info. I just keep having images pop into my mind from "Must Love Dogs."

We'd love some input/advice on this. Please share!

1 comment:

Ali said...

The articles were funny, scary and positive! Good job on finding such different looks at the online dating game.
In the end we'll still accept you if you meet that guy online. ;)