Funny article: When and how to "friend" your new bud online.
It gives a few different scenarios for meeting people and how to handle the "relationship" online via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare.
This quote made me laugh, and squirm, because it hit home...
"Facebook: Proceed with caution. Facebook friending someone you're dating fuels angst: Who's that dude on her wall? Why does she have time to change her status but no time to text me back? And the web-wide "like" button thing -- really, she "likes" this cat video from CollegeHumor.com? Inevitably, however, your date will friend you, and you must accept. Welcome to the beginning of the end."
Meeting people and managing "relationships" that now include an online presence is hard. It adds a whole new element to an initial meeting, getting to know someone, and your perception of them and their life. And vice verse.
Case in point:
Ben and I are still exchanging emails at a slow pace, but each one from him includes something great and makes me like him even more. I'm still not sure if he is interested in really getting to know me or just a nice guy. I've thrown out a couple of scenarios and activities he could come to Utah for which he has responded positively to, but he is busy (work & family events) and has not committed to anything.
However, during these weeks, he is "now friends" on Facebook with a number of beautiful girls who all attend the same social events he is "attending" according to FB. Obviously I can assume a million different things, which unfortunately, I do.
Regardless, I'm still smiling.
Laverne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment