Henry and I went to lunch today. I have felt that some type of conversation needed to occur to "define", if you will, what it is that we are doing. However, I had officially decided that I shouldn't bring this up. I knew that I needed to be patient and that when the time was right it would happen. I really didn't think that it would happen today, but it did.
Henry started by asking me about Laverne. He thinks she is amazing - not only as a person, but as a mom and friend. I have to agree. Henry is a great judge of people and he is/was quite insightful. I wasn't sure where the conversation would go from there. I was surprised that he then started in on "us".
I don't want to write all the specifics, but here is a quick reader's digest version. If you need all the details - you'll have to call me...
First, Henry said that he was scared to call me initially (I mean way back in July). Why? He said that he knew we would have a connection and that he thought I was cute. The connection thing was due to all of our mutual friends saying all the nice things about me - a huge THANK YOU for that.
Second, he mentioned something about speeding things up a bit. I took this to mean in the kissing department. I told him great!
Third, he asked if I was scared - YES! He is scary to me, I know that I have to be able to take a leap of faith knowing that I don't know where we will end up, but I have to have faith that whatever happens; I will be okay.
Fourth, he said his biggest concern with me is my Ex. Why? He has seen many exes cause problems for the new person. I have no guarantee that this won't happen, but again a leap of faith is necessary here.
Bottom line: Henry said that he really enjoys spending time with me and he wants to continue dating me and see where it goes.
I sat patiently listening to all the comments. He said that I could ask him anything. He was in quite a mood. I didn't have too many questions for him, I feel like he really answered all the important questions I had. I still couldn't tell you where I want it to go. I do know that I am having fun dating him and I want to get to know him better. I like that we are taking our time. I do hope he was serious about speeding things up - maybe Laverne's prediction of a Valentine's Day kiss will come true. If it takes much longer than that I will be seriously disappointed. This is a good sign. I am going out with Henry on Thursday. Check back for another update. I am still smiling about our conversation. It was exactly what I needed.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment