Henry sang again tonight - WOW! He sings in Italian and everything. It was quite a performance. He is unbelievable. He took me back stage again and introduced me to many of the other performers. Where the questions start rolling - who's this Henry? Is she your girlfriend? I just laugh and shake my head. It's always fun to get these questions - I think at some point it will be less uncomfortable. The show was fun, but his song was (for me) the best and the highlight of the night.
After we went and grabbed a quick bite to eat. I got brave and asked him to come to a wedding reception with me. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but the families that will be there at the reception are like my surrogate parents. They are uber important to me and so inviting him was a big step. It's like I let him in a little. I had to also explain why this wasn't just some wedding reception. I told him how these families helped me during the time when my life was in chaos and falling apart. The women were so pivotal in keeping me balanced and stable and occupied. They listened and offered encouragement and love and support. They never made rude comments about my ex (which I totally appreciated). They didn't feel like they needed to pick sides, they just tried to understand and to love each of us. Something that I am so thankful for. Their spouses gave me blessings frequently and I know that without their help and the help of many others I couldn't have done it.
President Kimball once commented, "God does notice us and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs." My friends have been a true reflection of this statement.
Okay, so to get back to my dating situation because this post is getting a little too serious. Let's lighten it up a bit. Fortunately nothing super embarrassing happened. Henry did say that Mark (one of his brothers) and his wife wanted to meet me. They want us to go on a double date. Oh, goodie - that should be an experience of fun and awkward moments. At least I hope so. He wants to try to plan it for next week sometime. He said that he would call me and let me know what works with their schedules.
He asked me to do something on Valentine's day. He has a fireside performance that he may be doing. Then he said that's not very romantic (I couldn't believe that he had thought about that). I'm not sure that I actually want to spend Valentine's day with him. I know, I know - save your comments. I don't know why I say that I just feel like that day creates pressure. Maybe it's just me. Also, I gave Henry his present today. I made him a gift based on a conversation that we had a while ago. He seemed to really like it. He told me that he has a gift for me and kind of told me one of the items he had purchased - which is my favorite lip gloss. Nice to know that he paid attention. I am still really surprised by how observant he is. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to try it too? Hehehe. I thought it, but didn't say it.
Not sure how the rest of this weekend will end up, but had another fun night out with Henry and looking forward to seeing what's next. Stay tuned.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment