Monday, September 7, 2009

My Call with Nick

Nick called last night and we talked for a while - he invited me to lunch. I didn't put much effort into, but didn't get a babysitter. Used that as an excuse. I know. Totally not nice. I should be more direct. I am ambivalent about him. I can take him or leave him. He asked if there was a better time during the week where he could see me. Well...not this week. I am super busy. I am trying to get ready for an activity that I am in charge of. I am packing to go on a trip. I have a date tonight and the weekend I need to do a lot of prep work for the activity. I really like talking to him on the phone. He has a great sense of humor. Just no sparks.

Nick made a couple comments that expressed a different view than myself. Which is okay. I don't want you to think I have no flexibility. First, he doesn't like how people date in Utah. He thinks you should just date one person at a time. I disagree. Why put all your eggs in one basket? I think that you should be open to meeting new people and giving everyone a chance. He said it is the grass is greener. He feels it's disrespectful to the person you're dating. I think that's true after you have dated for a while. If there is a mutual agreement. At the beginning I don't agree. You are both trying to get to know each other. What are your thoughts on this?

Second, he has issues with girls with "muffin tops". He made a comment about a girl he saw (in his defense, she was walking around in her swimsuit in the middle of the day). She had a muffin top. I think it is hard to find a girl in our age bracket that doesn't have muffin top. He kept saying I just don't want to look at that. Okay. I don't really want to either, but if you get married. You have to look at that. Yes. I know no one wants to see a muffin top, and, yes, you probably would be okay if you were married to the person. You some how can look past physical faults a little easier. However, why start off not being physically attracted to each other?

Third, when I told him I couldn't get a babysitter for a lunch date. He said that I could bring the kids. NO Way! I'm not taking my kids anywhere on a date until it become necessary for them to meet someone. Is this a strange offer to you?

I think that this post helped me to resolve my feelings about this situation...

Shirley

2 comments:

Ali said...

Talking about a muffin top to a woman - DROP HIM!!!

Don't put your eggs in one basket. He sounds way to possessive to me. First date with family, sharing pretty personal things, getting together with the kids...I bet he already has you dressed in his mother's wedding gown!

Ali said...

P.S. I would love to know his feelings on stretch marks and cellulite. ;)