Friday, September 4, 2009

Adventures of Roger, Rick, Laverne and Shirley

Last night Laverne and I went out to dinner (sushi) and clubbing with our old friends from high school, Rick and Roger, Chuck was supposed to come, but backed out in the end. This was probably a good thing. I will say one thing about Laverne - she was getting all the guys last night. There was one in particular that was smitten with her. Roger kept blocking him from dancing with her, but he kept weaseling his way back into our circle. Rick described it perfectly - Laverne would be dancing and just look at a guy and he would come right over to her and start dancing. All the guys behind her were checking her out. Who can blame em? Roger is really great to have at a place like that. He is very observant and really looked out for us. Rick surprised us with his mad dance skills. Not really, but at least he wasn't afraid to get out there and dance.

Rick and I got talked into Karaoke. Let me mention here - never done that before, will never do it again. I am a HORRIBLE singer. We sang Summer Lovin'. It was painful to listen to. We had a good time though. Luckily all the patrons in the bar - yes you heard me. I was in a bar last night. They were too preoccupied with their own things to pay attention to us. We didn't get much of an applause, but like I said it was bad. Next time Roger said he would sing and we may get Laverne up there, too.

Dancing was great, sushi was amazing. I think we may stick to other venues in the future. It was still a memorable evening of fun.

Shirley

(Laverne: Just a few things to add...(1) Weasel guy was totally creepy. I seem to always attract the weirdos. (2) Shirley doesn't know when she is getting hit on. Luckily Roger is a great guardian and kept our "circle" safe. (3) We were there to dance, not pick up guys. As mentioned before, we love to dance and realize clubs are not where we are going to actually meet someone we would ever consider dating. It is just fun to get out. Especially with Roger & Rick. (4) Shirley rocks the Karaoke. Really. Rocks. "Tell me more, tell me more..." (5) Getting up early to get children to school the next morning was a ton of fun. Fortunately we love being moms even more than we love dancing.

No comments: