Just wanted to update the blog. This past week was my birthday and Patrick was so thoughtful. Starting on Tuesday he brought me a present everyday with a really funny card up to my birthday on Sunday. I have to say that he really put some thought into and I am truly appreciative of it all.
Tuesday he came with a giant spatula - I had made a cake for him and we had to use three spatula's to lift it into the box. He thought it would come in handy for the next time.
Wednesday - he gave me a pink hoodie jacket. It's not really my style, but I truly love that it wasn't an X-large T-shirt.
Thursday - Giant slotted spoon - which I can use to make him deep fried pickles. Something we ate once at a restaurant. I found the recipe and made them one night (they are tasty. I'm not normally a pickle fan, but these are really good).
Friday - We went on a date to a restaurant up the canyon - which I'd never been too. He kept telling me that we needed to find an electrical outlet. I had no idea why. I later found out it was because he had a microwave in his trunk. Yep. I know. We eventually found a gas station that had a microwave. He went in and popped microwave popcorn. He bought some drinks and gave me some candy. We drove further up the canyon, he told me we were going to the drive in. I thought okay. He found a place to pull off the side of the road and he pulled out his ipod. He had loaded several movies on earlier in the day. I picked A-Team. Thank you Bradley Cooper. One of my favorite movies. I will say about halfway through the movie went out and there was a brief (or not so brief) intermission. It was a really creative date night. I have to give Patrick lots of points for his thoughtfulness and creativity this week.
Saturday - he gave me the pasta attachments for my Kitchen Aid - which I have been wanting, but I hadn't purchased yet. He also surprised me with tickets to a concert - where Laverne had a bunch of friends waiting. It was such a fun night and the band sang Happy Birthday to me. I got to River Dance with the band and I loved having so many friends there.
Sunday - we had a BBQ that Laverne planned - lots of friends followed by a fireside - where we got to eat Cotton Candy, Popcorn and Cake Pops.
This has been my best birthday ever! I really appreciate all the hard work and planning by Laverne. She went above and beyond this year. Her birthday gift to me was so amazing. It's a charm bracelet with my kids name, Korean symbols, and a fortune cookie. It is beautiful and so special to me. So a huge THANK YOU to Laverne. I can't believe how lucky I am to have a great friend like you. I know that I would be lost without you! You are the best!
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment