Monday, April 12, 2010

A Weekend of Henry

This past weekend Henry and I went to dinner with his friends, a game with his family and a movie with just us.

Let me start with the friend dinner. His friend who lives in another state came to visit. It was his birthday so a group of us went out. We played games after. Henry is SUPER competitive and I saw a different side of him. He kept getting frustrated with one of his friends that was trying really hard to make him mad. It reminded me of two little boys teasing each other and doing exactly what the other didn't want them to do. I was laughing pretty hard. Henry doesn't really get mad or angry - but he totally scolded the other boy. He told him that he was acting like his ten year old nephew. It was hilarious. He doesn't yell or even raise his voice - you could totally tell that he was annoyed though. He did win almost every game that we played apparently that happens all the time.

Saturday - his brother, Matthew had tickets to a game and we met Mark there. I got to meet Matthew's wife and some the the nieces and nephews. One of the nephews even asked me if I was going to marry Henry. Can you say awkward? Since he is only ten - I guess it's ok for him to ask that question. Also, since Henry wasn't close by to hear this conversation - it made it less embarrassing for me. This particular nephew is Henry's favorite out of all the nieces and nephews. I thought he was adorable and precocious and I totally can see why Henry likes him so much. He made a comment about women folk and babysitting - which, what ten year old do you know that talk like that? He said that he really wishes that he could babysit because he loves babies. Super cute, right?

I will say it's fun meeting Henry's family. It's great seeing the family dynamics and how each brother has a wife that totally works with his personality. Matthew is a little more formal than the other brothers. He seems a little more straight laced. His wife is the same. Mark is more adventurous and so is his wife. John is young and funny and his wife just fits him. I don't really know how to describe it, but each couple has a different personality and they just work. It's really cool. They all have great families and I like them.

Shirley

No comments: