I got distracted by my life. Not that I have a lot going on - just everyday distractions. Let me start with Henry meeting the kids. I was super nervous all day. I know this sounds strange, but if it had gone badly I would have had to rethink this relationship. I am happy to say it went better than expected. I really worried that Henry would be awkward or uncomfortable around the kids. He wasn't. He was fun and interactive and he totally played with them. It was great to see and honestly I am relieved. It's nice to have that over with and know that in the future doing things with the kids will be ok.
A couple of funny things - my baby - who just turned two, ran to the door when Henry arrived and when she saw him - she said "Daddy?" Yikes. Henry and I just sort of laughed it off. Then later in the night, my son, got on the computer and played one of the songs we have of Henry's. Nice, right? Not super embarrassing just more comical and amusing. I put the kids to bed and Henry came in to pray with us and he offered to sing to Emory - who unfortunately, said No, I want my mom to sing. Yeah. That WAS embarrassing - for me. I am not a great singer.
I'm really glad that I did this, but I am more glad that it went well. Henry and I went out on a date and got to see some of his friends. It was a nice weekend. We have plans for tomorrow. I will post more then.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment