Why the title - well read on to see...
What happened. A group of people from our activity last week, we'll call them the organizers, got together to have dinner. I thought - I should go. Right now it's all about expanding the friend circle because you never know who has a friend that might be right for Laverne or myself.
Dinner was fun, a good group of people. Even mix of guys and girls. One guy has been emailing me since the activity last week - he is funny, has a great sense of humor (which I love), he gets my sarcastic remarks and responds appropriately. Physically -not sure how to describe him. He is cute, but I don't think I am physically attracted to him. Which I am finding is the case for most of the guys that I have been meeting lately. More on that later. We'll call this guy Nick. We talked during dinner exchanged fun banter and I was supposed to go have dessert with everyone, but I bailed. Why? I actually had an invite to two other parties. Can you believe it? I know, I still can't myself. So many parties, with so many boys, so little time. Hehehehe.
When I woke up this morning I found an email message from Nick telling me has was disappointed that I didn't stay and that he would like to get my phone number so we can talk. Hmmm. After the crazy incident I had with the last guy, I am a little hesitant to give out my number. I have had some time to talk to him and he seems okay. As one of my friends said you should at least give them a chance with one date (if they ask) and if you don't want it to go further it's okay. She keeps telling me that I should friend all of them and just see what happens. Is it better to have quantity or quality? Do you need to have the quantity to get the quality? She keeps telling me you never know if they have a friend that you may like. Something to think about.
My questions is: Is it okay to go out with someone if you're not sure you want it to go farther than just a date? Do you need to go out that one time to actually decide that? Do you give everyone a "one date" test to see if you want to continue on? I am confused on this. I need to make a decision that works for me. Any input is always appreciated.
My email was burning this morning because another guy, whom I will call William, I met at the activity last week also. I will mention here that I met all these guys because I took my camera to the party and walked around all night snapping candid photos. Many people complained about their less than attractive pictures, but I met many a man by doing this. William was working during the party and I mocked him for it. He sent me an email and I responded. Today he sent an email that asked if I would be interested in going to lunch sometime. I have been asked to lunch and dinner a few times with zero follow through. You remember that I am officially the rain check girl. I am going to see how this ends up. I sent him an email accepting his offer and said that when he was coming in town again to let me know. I didn't give my number so we'll see how this plays out. When I say coming into town, let me clarify, he lives in another state. He works here frequently. At least I won't be running into him if he ends up being scary.
Bob and I talked a couple more times this week and he invited me to a party. I couldn't decide what to do, but ultimately thought it might be fun. I chose to be bold and check it out. After dinner with the leaders group. I went to the party. They were all dancing. I love to dance so it was fun. They had moved all the furniture in the house to the side walls and had some fun music going. One guy there even knew how to Salsa dance. He was really good. He taught me a few new moves. Bob and I danced and he just makes me laugh. He is not a great dancer. Again, I don't know if I am attracted to him, if he is just easy to be with, but there is something that is interesting to me. I don't know why. We are still trying to get to know each other. The group ended up playing games. Missionary Tag and Kissing Rugby. These girls really know how to play kissing rugby game. It became a full contact sport. A couple of guys got knocked to the ground by the girls so they could be kissed - they loved it. It was hilarious to watch. I was surprised that going to a party where I knew only one person could be so much fun. The girls there were really nice and, surprisingly, I didn't feel awkward.
I totally got lost on the way home, had to call Bob and he guided me out. That was not good. I thought I was better at directions than that. He sent me some funny text messages (it seems as if I have been sucked into the texting scene). One text said "Consider the box checked". In a previous conversation, I told him that texting to me is like passing the junior high note that said - Do you like me? Check the box. I sent back - Yes, but which box did you check? He laughed and said the Like box. Stuff like that is kind of endearing, right? It could be considered corny, too.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Not everyone deserves a date. Go with your instinct. If you aren't interested don't go on a date. If you think you might be interested then do email or something to find out if you want to date them. If you want to spend a fair amount of time to get to know them then go on one date and go from there.
You gals are smart. Use your heads and trust your instincts.
I wouldn't friend everyone, there is lots of personal stuff on FB. Friend people you trust, if they want to get to know you and you are still leery, then do the texting or emailing thing. You can always block them later.
Awesome! Loving all the action.
To answer you question - Yes, you give everyone a chance (unless of course you feel creepy about it).
You just never know. I married a "giving one date chance guy".
Good luck with it all and have fun!
Post a Comment