Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Birthday Update...Three Dates - Three Days!

Aussie called and asked me out, again...because I may have sent him a message saying he needed to collect his prize from Laverne's party (more on that later). The younger guy from church that I met recently asked me out as well. And finally Patrick asked me to go out on Saturday. It's a busy week of dating. Which is going to be fun, I think? Henry called me a couple days ago to ask me a baking question. One that everyone I have talked to said he could have googled the answer to, asked someone else (his sister), or should have just known already (thank you, Laverne). It may be a thinly veiled attempt to find a legitimate reason to call me. I'm trying not to wonder what it means, if anything, but it is difficult not to. I guess with Henry we will see what his intent is...by the year 2012, hopefully, sometime? Aussie is headed back to his homeland, so nothing going to happen there. The younger guy, I'm guessing, is not a love connection for either of us. Patrick...I like him, but know that I cannot date him seriously right now. I wish I could though.

Patrick and I have a great connection, he is fun, charming, easy to be with and talk to. I have been able to communicate more openly with him than many others and we have great chemistry together (sometimes a little too much chemistry). I am trying to make some decisions about him. I like what we are doing, but it does have some draw backs. We are both dating other people. When I hear that he has other dates - it's like a punch in the gut. I hate that feeling. I know that not getting serious with him is the right answer for now, but I feel like there needs to be a destination with this. Right now it feels like we are just dating with no purpose. I think I am too old to date without purpose. Although, maybe I am learning how to wait for the answers to come and having time learning how to communicate better with guys. Both good things, for now.

Henry...I feel like I need a do-over. I know that I was a ball of anxiety and nerves dating him. I continued to be surprised that he would ask me out again. To be honest, it was surprising, not because I'm not fun to be with, more because of the way I was around him. Which is not myself. I am usually fun and lively, but I would get tongue tied and totally nervous. I have to say there was a lot of hype and build up about Henry and finally meeting him was a big deal. I forgot to relax and be myself. I would like to see what it is to date Henry when I am more truly at ease. I think it would be an entirely different dating experience. The good thing about Henry is he is the kind of guy that you could trust 100%. I need a guy like that in my life. His spiritual side is the biggest attraction for me. I don't know if he is right for me, but I would like the chance to try again. However, my situation hasn't changed and so if he still is not ready for my life then there is no point in going on another date with him.

Aussie...I think he is really interesting. I don't know him very well, but I like what I know about him so far. He will be coming back sometime next year, and we are friends on Facebook, so I guess we'll see what happens with him. I am looking forward to our date this week. I like second dates better than first dates. They feel a little more comfortable for some reason.

Now...Laverne's birthday! I had so much fun. Laverne is one of those girls that doesn't need to be the center of attention, but she certainly comfortable being there. It's one of those qualities that I love about her. We had a week long celebration. The highlights for me were - the show we went to (just the two of us), Sushi and more sushi, especially the special roll the chefs created just for her. The party, friends that joined us and watching Laverne getting kissed by every guy that came. I have photographic proof of this too! Having people pick a song that reminded them of Sara - best one, hands down...Love Shack, B-52's. Forcing everyone to watch the DVD of Laverne's life and seeing everyone realize how amazing and inspiring Laverne is. I've said it many times before, but Laverne is quite the example to me. She has accomplished so much in her short life. She is beautiful, poised, sarcastic, witty, honest, strong and faithful. To quote a line from the song I chose to describe her this year...I know when I compliment her, she won't believe me. It's so sad she don't see what I see. You're amazing - Just the way you are! Happy Birthday, Laverne!

No comments: