Monday, August 23, 2010

Going on a Treasure Hunt!

Patrick called me to confirm the date Thursday night and he said, "So are you ready to take a chance on this young buck?" I said yes. Saturday night we went to dinner and then went on a treasure hunt. Actually it was Geo caching. If you haven't been you should do it. It was a really fun first date. It was interactive and exciting when you find the site and discover the container.

I didn't embarrass myself this time and I didn't notice the age difference. He is really personable. He can hold his own in the conversation. He looks at you when he is talking to you. He was polite with the server at the restaurant and he opened all my doors for me (funny the things you notice). Which, the door opening, isn't something all guys do anymore. I know. I know. They should. I don't expect them to open when getting out of the car, but getting into the car and going into the places I think it's nice. Are you with me on this?

He recently lost his youngest brother in a car accident. We talked about our mutual loss. It's nice to have someone understand what that is like. He sang in a band in high school. He had some of the songs he sang on his ipod. I got to hear them. Umm...punk rock band. Kind of funny.

He asked me out again and I said yes. One great comment. My friend "R" gave me permission to not wait for six months before the first kiss in fact she said - you can kiss him on the first date. I love this girl! So funny.

I saw Patrick on Sunday at a fireside and he made it a point to come and talk to me and again said that he wanted to go out with me again. He asked if Saturday I could go - I have an activity, but we thought maybe after we could get some dessert or something.

Shirley

No comments: